About John Mac Carthy Engineers Cork
Thank you for visiting John Mac Carthy, Engineers Cork
John Mac Carthy B.E. & Partners, are Consulting Engineers in Cork, first established in 1947. The Mac Carthy family have been involved in Consulting Engineering Services in Cork since then. With 3 generations assisting 1000s of clients over the years and an excellent satisfaction rate with much repeat business.
We are delighted to be trusted by generations of families, now knows as the company of choice when looking for Engineers in Cork and experts in Pre-Purchase House Surveys in Cork. Don’t forget to read what our clients say about us below…
More About John Mac Carthy, Engineers, Cork
Our expertise and experience here at John Mac Carthy, Engineers Cork include: pre-purchase house surveys, industrial, commercial, educational and infrastructural projects. We have represented clients throughout the full planning process including applications, observations, objections, appeals, oral hearings, and judicial reviews as well as ‘Expert Services’, Mapping Services and Project Supervision – (full list of services detailed below)
We specialise in Pre-Purchase house surveys in Cork and guarantee a speedy turnaround on your pre-purchase survey report, with personal attention, expert advice and a free follow-up service.
As professional independent Engineers in Cork, we pride ourselves in our unbiased approach as a constant feature of all our services. Where the benefits and advice available to you are based on experience and an in-depth knowledge of the subject matters from three generations of experience spanning over a near 70 year period.
When looking for professional and trusted Engineers in Cork, at John Mac Carthy BE & Partners, you will be assured of a personal, one to one service with a prompt turnaround on reporting and feedback with all our services.
We welcome your enquiry and look forward to assisting you in any way we can…
What Our Clients Say About Us …
” John has provided me with excellent practical advice in relation to a number of matters that I have sought his assistance for over 10 years now. The advice and guidance that he has given me in relation to property related matters, structural repairs and litigation, has been invaluable in achieving excellent results in matters which were complicated and troublesome. I have relied on him, and he has never disappointed when providing a professional, but very understanding and personal service, which I very much appreciate.” – June Mills, Bishopstown, Cork.
” We have engaged the services of John Mac Carthy B.E. & Partners over some 12 years now in dealing with various construction-related matters, with particular regard to planning matters, dealing with objections and An Bord Pleánala on behalf of our own company and clients. We are delighted with the level of service, the attention to detail and the expertise displayed in dealing with such matters, always resulting in successful outcomes.” – Mr Donal Mullins, Nicholson and Tilson, Dungarvan, Co Waterford.
” I have engaged John Mac Carthy B.E. to guide and assist me in dealing with a number of planning matters relating to my own home and the development of surrounding lands. This involved submitting planning objections and appeals on my behalf. The advise that I have received has always been clear and practical and the outcomes have been most satisfactory.” – Tom O’Byrne, Douglas, Cork.
” I asked for assistance from John Mac Carthy, Engineers Cork, to resolve a very complex and intricate insurance claim. The service provided has been diligent, thorough and a successful outcome was pursued and achieved in very difficult circumstances.” – Patrick O’Donoughue, Magazine Road, Cork.
” I have taken advises from John Mac Carthy, Engineers Cork in relation to a number of property related matters including purchases, sales, renovation and significant structural repairs over the last 10 years or so. His advices have always been clear, well informed and most practical resulting in outcomes which have been very helpful and beneficial to both myself and other family members who I have recommended John to and who have benefited in a similar fashion.” – Daniel O’Shea, Rochestown, Cork.
” We have dealt with John Mac Carthy Engineers Cork (John Mac Carthy B.E. & Partners) to assist us when purchasing our home. John identified issues which were unseen to us and provided us with practical advice on how to proceed and deal with those problems in the circumstances. This experience has been very informative and helpful.” – Mr and Mrs Niall and Aisling Mc Elwain, Ballincollig, Co. Cork.
Services Offered by John Mac Carthy, Engineers Cork.
- Pre Purchase Surveys – undertaking a comprehensive pre-purchase inspection for clients when purchasing a home, office, commercial or any building either new or pre-owned.
- Boundary maps and checking – as part of the purchase process we can check boundaries, prepare and check property registration maps; lease maps and contract maps.
- Planning Searches – we will research all planning matters relating to the purchase and/or any other developments.
- Planning objections and appeals – we will review planning applications, and submit observations, objections, appeals, participate in oral hearings and judicial reviews, or respond to same.
- Expert witness services for building disputes, boundary disputes, accidents – we will analyse/review legal cases and report to solicitors and assist in all legal matters including providing expert witness services in all court jurisdictions, arbitrations, mediation procedures, judicial reviews.
- Insurance claims – property damage claims, fire damage claims, storm claims, subsidence claims – we will investigate and advise on all insurance claims providing professional engineering advises and represent the insured parties when dealing with Loss Adjusters during the claim process.
- Building Supervision – organising contract documents, preparing specifications, seeking quotations/tenders, analysing same, the appointment of contractors, supervision of contracts, assessment of payment schedules, payment requests, contract completion and snag lists.
- Conservation and renovation of older buildings – we can assess, investigate and give guidance in relation to the specific requirements of older buildings during conservation and renovation projects.
- Certificates of Compliance – we will analyse and assess planning documentation, as constructed details, and prepare and advise on compliance, planning permission and planning status.
- Building Regulation advice – we will advise on the implications of the Building Control Act, Building Regulations and Commencement Notices
- Health and Safety matters – we will advise on accidents, prevention and all matters relating to the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act and the Construction Regulations.
- Flood Study and analysis – we can provide a full range of services relating to flood study reports, analysis and general advises during the planning and development process.
- Traffic engineering – we can provide all necessary services in relation to traffic analysis, planning and associated matters in the planning and development stages.
- Infrastructural design – we can provide a full range of services in relation to the analysis, design, specification and implementation of infrastructural works.
John Mac Carthy, Engineers Cork, are members of Engineers Ireland, Chartered Status